The Alphabet Challenge - Books and Authors Read



The Alphabet Challenge

At Goodreads, someone put in an Alphabet Challenge and I realized that I have never read books based on its name, rather going for its content and in many cases the reputation of the author(s), so I took this as a personal introspection  rather than a challenge. 

I am glad that my lists more than cover the alphabets and go into several numbers too courtesy authors like James Patterson and scientific symbols if you can state it as such like Sigma, Alpha, etc. 

I went ahead and prepared two lists - 
List 1 - Books corresponding to a letter in the alphabet A through Z and 
List 2 - Authors corresponding to a letter in the alphabet A through Z

For me the intrigue was to find whether if any over the years I have completed the alphabet and was right on both counts. 

Here below is a copy of those lists which show a cross-section of books and authors covering the alphabet.

List 1 - Books corresponding to a letter in the alphabet A through Z 
This is just an indicative list and obviously some alphabets are covered by hundreds of titles.

A - A GAME OF THRONES
B- BEAR ISLAND
C- COMA
D- DEADLY SINS
E- ECLIPSE
F- FATAL CURE
G- GAMES OF STATE
H- HAMMER OF GOD
I- ICE STATION ZEBRA
J- JIAN
K- KRONOS RISING
L- LA CONFIDENTIAL
M- MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS
N- NEXT OF KIN
O- OMERTA
P- PANDORA
Q- QUANTUM INCIDENT
R- RAGE OF ANGELS
S- SANTORINI
T- TARZAN THE TERRIBLE
U- UNBOUND
V- VITAL SIGNS
W- WYATTS HURRICANE
X- XENA WARRIOR PRINCESS
Y- YEAR OF THE GOLDEN APE
Z- ZERO

List 2 - Authors corresponding to a letter in the alphabet A through Z
The author list again is indicative of the first author whose work I have read in my list of books and except Q which I was lucky enough to have read one book by QURRATULAIN HYDER otherwise would have drawn a blank on the alphabet and X where I had also read Malcolm X, hence two authors. 

A - ALISTAIR MACLEAN
B- BOB SHAW
C- CAMPBELL ARMSTRONG
D- DON PENDLETON
E- ED STEELY JR
F- FREDERICK FORSYTH
G- GREG BEAR
H- HAMMOND INNES
I- ISSAC ASIMOV
J- J R R TOLKIEN
K- KATHLEEN O' MALLEY
L- LARRY NIVEN
M- MICHAEL SCOTT
N- NELSON DEMILLE
O- OVID
P- PAUL KEMPRECOS
Q- QURRATULAIN HYDER
R- RAYMOND KHOURY
S- STEVE CAVANAGH
T- TOM CLANCY
U- URSULA LE GUIN
V- VLADMIR NABOKOVA
W- WILBUR SMITH
X- XENOPHON
Y- YASMIN KHALID RAFI
Z- ZOE DANIELS

The coverage has been over many years with many of the authors being favorites and have series that I pursue with aplomb.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

James Bond 007, Vol. 1 by Greg Pak

Hell Moon (Xeno-Spectre Book 1) by Mary E. Lowd ARC from BookSirens

Manga Classics: The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas - Review on NetGalley